Friday, October 19, 2007 twenty six
3:12 AM
Earlier this day, I received a text message from my mom asking where I was and if I was somewhere in the vicinity of Glorietta Makati. I said no, and asked her why she asked where I was. She said that there was a bomb explosion somewhere in Glorietta Makati, and I should go home in case of further explosions. At first I didn't give a damn. I was safe in school, that's what mattered. What got me alarmed was when me and my friend, Lawrence, were walking towards the staircase when we heard two girls talking on their celllies.
Girl 1:
Nasa Makati pa ba kayo? Guys, alis na kayo dyan balik na kayo dito. (Are you still in Makati? Get out of there and go back here already.)
Girl 2:
May gas leak nga daw kaya sumabog. Alis na kayo please. (There was a gas leak that's why an explosion occurred. Please get out of there.)
I got scared, really. Because earlier today, we were thinking of going to either Mall of Asia or Glorietta due to our 8-hour break. What if we really went to Glorietta? Maybe we could have witnessed the explosions. Or worse, we could have been the ones who got bombed. Lawrence's mom called him up, and said that there was an intelligence report that there might be other explosions that might happen later tonight. Okay, it kinda freaked us.
It's not only Manila who's having a ruckus, but also in Winnipeg. I got to chat with my cousin last night. She told me that she didn't go to school because there was a bomb scare written all over their bathrooms. It might be a joke, but hey it could also be true. Few weeks ago, there was a stabbing incident that happened in their school. The cause? A love triangle. A measly, puppyish, and stupid love triangle. Like YTF would you stab your schoolmate because he's hangin' wit ya girl? Ya know wat? That ain't cool! That's dog poop!
It's really sad and scary to hear and experience all these things. Every single day, someone dies because of terrorist acts (or whatever you call those). Someone's precious life just had to get sucked out of his body all because of ludicrous people with crayzeh minds. A lot of dreams get wasted, and a lot of hopes get trashed. Just think of having to cope up with every single day with great fear dragging you down, just think.
What's happening to the world, y'all?
|