Saturday, October 13, 2007 twenty four
10:45 AM
I don't really know what's up with you, but somehow you always end up crossing my mind. I always think about the "supposed-to-be" months that were in store for us. I usually think of what could have happened if things never changed or things never went amok. Don't get me wrong, I'm over you. It's just that there are times when I just ponder about the unborn adventures that we were bound to take.
I thought of how I first met you. I called you a fatso; only in my mind of course. I never knew that you'd end up as this someone significant. You're significant, not special- there's a difference between those words. We treaded through a long list of events- from the same group projects to parties. In all those times, you were always beside me. You always held my hand. Remember the time when you sat beside me during our trip home? You held my hand, and wrapped your arm around me because you thought I felt uneasy. In fact, I did. I rested my head on your broad shoulder. You thought I was asleep, but I wasn't. You whispered in my ear, and I just had to hear your confession. I pretended to be in deep slumber. I heard every single word you said. Your thought, your feelings, your secret. From then on, I lived every single day as if I never knew anything about it.
Months after, I found us together. Me, sitting on the bench. You, lying your head on my lap. You even teased me for having thin legs, thus, making it uneasy for you to sleep. I leaned my head against the wall and looked upward. You closed your eyes and tried to take a nap. I looked at you. I wanted to smash your face, but of course I couldn't. You held my hand, just like what you always do. The hatred present in my heart instantly flushed itself away. You just had to break me once more.
"For now, this is the last. Maybe we'll start a new one in the future." You said.
And for now, this will be the last time that I will be writing about you. I'm not looking forward to writing about you, or us, in the future. Thank you for breaking me. You gave me a reason to look for bright and shiny things ahead. And as always, I hope you're happy now. :)
|