Sunday, September 23, 2007 twenty one
7:37 AM
The cool breeze was blowing her silk hair to her face, covering her view from what she perceived as heaven. She rested her elbows on the barricade, and took a sip from her wine cooler. The night sky was celebrating serenity with her. The moon was brightly shining and the stars were in complete attendance. She gazed at the beautiful skyline of the metropolis. One by one, she counted the stars. Every star she pointed reflected on her hazelnut eyes. She was beautiful, beautiful with the stars. The moon's light glowed on her skin, making her look radiant and gorgeous as ever.
Then, she got tired of counting.
Then, she looked down.
Infront of her, was him. Infront of her was heaven.
His toned arms swayed in tune with his famous funky walk. As he approached her, she giggled a bit. Her smile grew bigger as he came closer. When a ruler divided them, they both popped into a shy "Hi".
"Is this side taken?" He asked, pointing to the little space beside her.
"All yours if you want." She replied.
Both of them watched the peaceful sky. They fell into a pit of silence, not knowing what word to say first. Her eyes were focused on the stars, while he tried to stare at the moon.
"I used to count the stars since they were few." He broke the silence.
"You mean, celebrities? Or the galactic ones that I'm currently looking at?" She joked.
"But as days passed, the number of stars grew bigger and bigger, until I can't count them anymore." He said.
"Why stop?" She asked.
"I don't know, I guess they're just..too many." He tried to find an answer.
She jumped up to the barricade and sat there for a better view. She started to count stars, to get a headstart for his star-counting escapade.
While she was counting, she asked, "Could you ever count the stars?"
"I don't think so." He said with hesitation.
"So why do you still count them even if you know you can't count them all?" She asked with curiosity.
"Because I was hoping that one day, I could count them all.. with you." He said, with a smile.
|