This baby's got 4GB RAM, 250GB-350GB worth of hard disk space, 24" glossy screen display, iLife and iWork '08, and much more! I'm not sure if it's portable though because it does look like it but I think it's made as a desktop. But if in case it is, THEN YOU ARE MINE! :)) It's SRP in the US is $1199 (around Php54000), so it's definitely cheaper than other desktops and laptops. Albeit those negative reviews about the new iMac (which I think is totally ugh..whatevs), I still want this sexy beast. Haha! Daddy I hope you get to read this. :)
Today is a Saturday and I am home. THIS ISN'T ME! Usually, I'm out during Saturday nights but not tonight. I guess I'll just spend more time infront of this screen and make myself plump. Anyways, I've been doing productive things lately and I hope this will go on and on and on. Oh, and I'm having getaway issues again. I was talking to a very dear friend of mine last night about it and we kinda shared the same sentiment on the issue. It's not that I'm desperate for greener pastures or what (actually I'm doing good here on Philippine soil). Maybe it's because Manila life has been boring the hell out of me and it's not healthy. Sometimes I just feel like changing lifestyles in a snap. Living away from motherland means great independence, and yes it's a big responsibility. But hey, in a few years we'll be walking on our own two feet right? So why not get ahead and start walking on your own as early as you can?
Just before I started college I went to Canada for a vacation. I wanted to stay longer because a.) I'm "schooling" there b.) I have no definite college in the Philippines yet, so I have longer vacation days c.) It was boring in Manila. So, my parents went back here earlier than I did. I had a one-way ticket then. My future was unsure; it felt like I'm the universe's most hated astronaut. My grandfather got me application forms from different colleges in Canada. "Just in case", he said. As days went by, I felt attached to my new environment. I collected a handful of friends from the community high school I went to. The weather made me stock up on cold fat. I used more boots than slippers. Everything was new, and I started to love them bit by bit. Of course, I wasn't on cloud 9 every time. I had some things to think about, like my expenses. Nonetheless, my Canadian life was one of the almost-perfect life I've had so far.
Thinking about it makes the issue bother me more. Hayayay.
Oh the confusion of it all.
I think I'm hungry. I'll go grab some cake.
----------------------------------------------------
My dad just came back from his business trip in Gen San. Before he left, I asked him to get me pasalubong. Before he left Gen San, he called me up to say that he bought something for me. And so the excited me, waited for my dad to come home.
He arrived around 8pm. I watched him unload stuff from the trunk of our car. Since I got impatient, here's what happened.
Me: Asan na?
Dad: Wait.
[After waiting..]
Dad: Eto o. (hands a big box)
Me: Ano to? (opens box) TUNA?
Dad: Ang ganda diba ang laki! Masarap yan.
Me: Eeeh. onga eh.
Dad: Ay sandali, eto pa. Favorite mo to diba. (hands 10+pcs. of AIRPLANE SICK BAGS)
Me: :D WOW THANK YOUUUU!
FYI, I like sick bags. They're more than just puke containers.
I love my dad. He always keeps in mind the little things that I like.